Young Artist Award Competition – Who may enter?
Who may participate in this competition?
Participants in the National Eisteddfod 2020
- All participants in the National Eisteddfod of South Africa that received Diploma Awards for Visual Arts in 2020 may enter for this competition.
- Only participants in the National Eisteddfod of South Africa 2020 can register their intention to enter online
- Lower entry fee applies, including an “Early Bird entry fee” for those who submit their entries ONLINE before the closing date that will be announced early in 2021.
Participants in other festivals or events.
- Any young artist that received a diploma or similar award in any other Visual & Creative Arts Competition/Festival/Eisteddfod during 2020 may enter.
- Organizers of other eisteddfods and festivals may also enter their top achievers in Art under the name of their organization.
- Alternatively, parents of participants in other Visual Arts eisteddfods and festivals are welcome to enter on their own.
- Schools, institutions, studios, do not necessarily participate in eisteddfods or other festivals or only do so bi-annually. Some of these institutions / studios manage their own internal visual arts events / competitions. In order to create an additional platform for young visual and creative artists, these institutions / studios are invited to enter their top achievers for annual National Eisteddfod Young Artist Award Competition. The expected level of achievement is high; therefore these entries can only be selected and submitted by the relevant institution. This will usually follow a process of internal selection and cannot be done by individual parents.
- A copy of the diploma of similar certificate / report as awarded at another festival in 2020 should be attached to the entry.