Young Artist Award 2021
Rules and Regulations
Rules and Regulations for the 9th Young Artist Award Competition
- By entering this competition the participant accepts the rules of the competition as provided below and in supplementary documents on the website.
- Only diploma level candidates in the National Eisteddfod of South Africa in the preceding year (last year) or similar achievements in other festivals and competitions in the same period may enter.
- Grades refer to the relevant school grade as in the preceding year.
- Entry fees will be determined by the date of submission of the entry.
- Entry fees / proof of payment should accompany all entries.
- Entry fees are NOT refundable.
- The decision of the adjudicators is final and NO correspondence in this regard can be allowed.
- All artwork will be grouped and adjudicated according to the grade code.
- All participants (or their parents where applicable) should sign a declaration that the artwork as submitted, is their own work.
- By submitting an entry, a participant gives permission that the NEA may copy images of the artwork for promoting participating in the arts inline with the core business of the the purposes of the National Eisteddfod Academy (e.g. on the website, Facebook, printed material etc.).
Submission of entries
- Participants should attach a copy of the entry form or a printed screen print of their online entry to each artwork before delivering it to the NEA Office. In doing so, the participant also confirms that the artwork as submitted, is indeed his / her own work.
- The theme used for this artwork and the “name” of the piece should be provided in the box on the entry form.
- All artworks must be submitted to the NEA office not later than 16:00 on 9 April 2021.
- Address for collection and delivery: Bergzicht Office Park, Block 3, Suite 15, Crn, Christiaan de Wet & Rooibok Str., Allen’s Nek, Roodepoort.
- Participants should ensure that artworks are carefully packed / wrapped before submitting it to the NEA Office.
- Please note: The National Eisteddfod Academy will take all reasonable measures to protect artwork, but do not take responsibility for any loss off or damage to artworks due to reasons beyond its control .
- A panel of adjudicators will adjudicate all art entries according to the school grade of participants.
- All participants will receive feedback and a certificate to confirm that they have participated in this competition.
- Participants will receive notification when the adjudication has been completed and should then arrange for the collection or return of their artworks at their own cost.
- The adjudicators will select the best art work in each grade and will select a winner in each of the following categories: Entry Level (Gr. 0 – 3), Junior (Gr. 4 – 7) & Senior (Grade 8 – Open Section).
- The grade winners will be presented with certificates to this effect, while the 3 category winners will be presented with trophies that will be specially specially made for this event.
- The art works of the grade winners will be exhibited at an art gallery prior to the Award Ceremony.
- Details about the Arts Award Ceremony will be provided on a later stage.