Where and when will live performances be adjudicated?
Update on activity dates
Details regarding the venues and dates for the various adjudication rounds in this competition are as follows:
Update on activity dates Live performances in the 20th Young Performer Awards Competition for will be scheduled on dates and venues from 1 March until 13 May 2023 as follows: Venues: First Round: 1 March – 16 March 2023
- Linden Theatre (44 5th St, Linden, Randburg, 2104) (Classical, Crossover & Contemporary Music; Speech & Drama)
- Domus Dei Randburg Suid (30 Jean Rd, Blairgowrie, Randburg, 2194) (Speech & Drama; Dance (individual and small group items))
Quarter Final Round: 12 – 19 April 2023 Venues:
- Linden Theatre (44 5th St, Linden, Randburg, 2104) (Classical, Crossover & Contemporary Music; Speech & Drama
- Domus Dei Randburg Suid (30 Jean Rd, Blairgowrie, Randburg, 2194) (Dance (individual and small group items))
Combined First Round and Quarter Final Round for larger groups (Music, dance & drama): Saturday 11 March 2023 Venue:
- Roodepoort Theatre (100 Christiaan de Wet Rd, Florida Park, Roodepoort, 1709) (It will be considered to also include all dance groups (6 and more participants) in this session)
Semi Final Rounds: 10 – 11 May 2023 100 Christiaan de Wet Rd, Florida Park, Roodepoort, 1709)Venue: Roodepoort Theatre (
- 10 May 15:00 – 17:00 Semi-final 1 (Speech & Drama)
- 10 May 19:00 – 21:00 Semi-final 2 (Classical & Crossover Music
- 11 May 15:00 – 17:00 Semi-final 3 (Dance)
- 11 May 19:00 – 22:00 Semi-final 4 (Contemporary Music)
Final Round: 13 May 2023 (18:00 -22:00) Venue: Roodepoort Theatre (100 Christiaan de Wet Rd, Florida Park, Roodepoort, 1709) The winners of the various categories in the 4 semi-final rounds will compete in the Final Round.
Important information regarding selecting a LIVE of VIDEO recorded performance?
Participants can choose between performing LIVE at the venues as indicated above, or to submit a VIDEO RECORDING for adjudication in the FIRST Round.
Participants that are invited to the QUARTER FINAL Rounds will be allowed to choose between a LIVE PERFORMANCE or a NEWLY RECORDED VIDEO submision: The reason for this allowance is the fact that the school terms of 3 and 4 term schools only correspond on a limited number of days in March – April. Subsequently, participants that have participated LIVE in the FIRST ROUND in March will be allowed to submit a video recording for adjudication in the QUARTER FINAL ROUND in April if they are unavailable on these dates. Participants that submitted video recordings for the First Round will also be allowed to opt for a LIVE PERFORMANCE in the Quarter Final Round, provided that their video recordings are submitted to the NEA by 18 March. To even the playing field in the adjudication and ranking of live and video performances, each will be ranked separately in both the first and second rounds. The final quarter-final ranking will then comprise of the top achievers from both groups. IMPORTANT: Participants that are selected for particition in the Sem-final and Final Rounds will be required to perform LIVE. No video recordings will be allowed in these 2 rounds.