What is the format of this competition ?
- The first round comprises of adjudicated events in each genre, where the adjudicator panels nominate participants to proceed to the quarter final round.
- The quarter finals take on a similar format, where the adjudicator panels nominate approximately 15-20 per genre to proceed to the semi-final rounds.
- The 4 semi-final rounds of Young Performer Awards competition are presented in concert format at a theatre. Each concert is dedicated to a genre (classical and contemporary music, dance and drama. The best participants in the different categories, as decided by the adjudicators’ panel, are then invited to compete in the final round.
- In the final round, a panel of experts representative of the different genres finally decide on the winners of the Gold, Silver and Bronze medals.
- Representatives Kruger an d Kie, the auditors’ company of the National Eisteddfod Academy oversee the adjudication process in the semi-final and final rounds.