RULES AND REGULATIONS
9th NATIONAL EISTEDDFOD
YOUNG ARTIST AWARD COMPETITION
• By entering this competition the participant accepts the rules of the competition as provided below and in supplementary documents on the website.
• Only diploma level candidates in the National Eisteddfod of South Africa in the preceding year (last year) (or similar achievements in other festivals and competition) may enter.
• For the purpose of adjudication the art work, Grades will refer to the school grade as in the preceding year.
• Entry fees will be determined by the date of submission.
• Entry fees / proof of payment should accompany all entries.
• Entry fees are NOT refundable.
• By submitting an entry, a participant gives permission that the NEA may copy images of the artwork for promoting participation in the arts in line with the Vision and Mission of the National Eisteddfod Academy (e.g. on the website, Facebook, printed material etc.)
Submission of entries
• Participants should attach a copy of the entry form or a screen print of their online entry to each art work before delivering it to the NEA Office.
• All participants should sign the declaration to confirm that the artwork as submitted, is indeed their own work.
• The theme used for this art work and the “name” of the piece should be provided in the box on the entry form.
• All art works must be submitted to the NEA office not later than 16:00 on 10 April 2021.
• Delivery / Collection address: Bergzicht Office Park, Block 3, Suite 15, Cnr. Christiaan de Wet & Rooibok Str. Allen’s Nek.
• Participants should ensure that the artworks are carefully packed / wrapped before submitting it to the NEA Office.
• Please note: The National Eisteddfod Academy will take all reasonable measures to protect artwork, but do not take responsibility for any loss or damage to artworks due to reasons beyond its control.
• A panel of adjudicators will adjudicate all art entries according to the school grade of participants in the preceding year.
• All participants will receive feedback and a certificate to confirm that they have participated in this competition.
• The adjudicators will select the best art work in each grade and will then select a winner in each of the following categories: Entry Level (Gr. 0 – 3), Junior (Gr. 4 – 7) & Senior (Grade 8 – Open Section).
• The names of these winners will be announced at a special award ceremony to which all grade winners will be invited.
• The decision of the adjudicators is final and NO correspondence in this regard can be allowed.
• Participants will receive notification when the artworks and certificates will be ready for collection after the adjudication has been completed.