How do I submit my Art entry?
The submission or visual art entries involves 3 steps:
- “Registering” of your intention to submit an artwork for adjudication: this should be done on the ONLINE entry platform or by submitting an entry form in hard copy format
- Submission of the entry fee before the closing date of the entry category (Early Bird entry fees should be paid BEFORE the closing date for Early Bird fees).
- Delivering / mailing the particular artwork to the NEA Office. (For the purpose of submitting entries for the Young Artist Award competition in the following year, participants sometimes do not to collect their artwork from the NEA Office at the end of the year).
Art Diploma recipients in the National Eisteddfod
- Participants in the National Eisteddfod of South Africa 2018 can submit entries online. (A discounted entry fee is charged for online entries.)
- Participants in the National Eisteddfod of South Africa 2018 can also submit entries in hard copy format. (please note: a higher entry fee applies).
- To qualify for the cheaper online fee, entries should be submitted before the deadlines for entries as provided below.
Select one of the following options:
Art Diploma recipients in the other festivals
- Proof of achievement should be submitted with the entry / entries.
- Participants in other festival/events/internal competitions can only submit entries in hard copy format.
- Entry forms for participants in other festival/events/internal competitions should be downloaded from the website.
- Entry forms and entry fees should be submitted before the closing date for entries.
- The entry fee for “Other Festivals” apply
Submission of Artwork
All artwork should be submitted to the NEA Offices, either by hand, courier or mail not later than 12 April 2019.
Entry Fees and Closing date for entries
|Entry Fees Description||Closing date for entries||Fees due before deadline|
|ONLINE Early bird fee||28 February 2019||R 250.00|
|ONLINE Normal Fee||31 March 2019||R 280.00|
|ONLINE Late Fee||12 April 2019||R 320.00|
|Hard Copy Early Bird fee||28 February 2019||R 300.00|
|Hard Copy fee||31 March 2019||R 330.00|
|Hard Copy Late Entry||12 April 2019||R 370.00|
All artwork need to be submitted to the NEA office by 12 April 2019.
For any questions or clarity, please contact the NEA office on
Tel: 011 886 6005 / fax: 011 787 3534 or