SUBMISSION OF ART WORK
Please take note of the following administration procedures for the entering and adjudication of creative art.
● Entries can be submitted ONLINE or in hard copy format on the ENTRY FORM FOR INDIVIDUAL ENTRIES.
● Important: Please note that it is cheaper to enter ONLINE. Hard copy entries (on entry forms) are more expensive due to the fact that the entries need to be captured and verified!!
Closing date for ONLINE VISUAL ART entries is the same as for all other entries.
Closing date for HARD COPY VISUAL ART entries will concur with any of the 3 dates for the submission of the art work. The HARD COPY ENTRY FORM and PROOF of PAYMENT can be submitted by fax/email in advance, or should at the latest be submitted with the art work.
Please note: Visual Art entries will be adjudicated in 3 sessions and should reach the NEA Office before 16:00 on ANY of the following dates:
Session 1: 14 Aug 2020
Session 2: 23 Sep 2020
Session 3: 30 Oct 2020
Once the entries have been processed, every participant will receive a participant slip containing a special Art Reference Number. This slip will also contain a Declaration of own work that MUST be completed by the PARTICIPANT or PARENT (if any assistance was provided to the candidate).
● If this participant slip is not available at the time of submission, a copy of the Art Entry Form can be completed and attached to the artwork.
● Artworks should NOT be framed, but care should be taken when packing / covering it in a convenient way in order to prevent damage.
● Please note that the NEA will not be able to submit any entry for adjudication if the required participant slip and declaration or copy of the entry form has not been attached.
Once the PARTICIPANT SLIP and DECLARATION OF OWN WORK has been attached to the art work, it should be submitted as follows:
o Art work to be adjudicated at the NEA Office:
● First session: to reach the NEA office on or before 14 August 2020
● Second session: 23 September 2020
● Third session: 30 October 2020
o At to be adjudicated at a specific institution
(Only when the institution has arranged it with NEA Offices in advance. The date for submission will be communicated to the participants at that specific institution):
● to reach the contact person at the institution at least one week before the scheduled adjudication date.
● to be adjudicated on predetermined dates as arranged with the relevant adjudicator.
The availability of results and certificates for collection will be announced on the National Eisteddfod Facebook page and on Twitter. By following the NEA on Facebook (www.facebook.com\nearsa) or Twitter (twitter.com/eisteddfodSA), you will receive a first-hand update of progress in this regard.
All artwork and certificates should then be collected from the NEA office before 30 November 2020.
ADDRESS FOR DELIVERY:
Please note our new address!
NATIONAL EISTEDDFOD ACADEMY
Suite 15, Block 3
Bergzicht Office Park
Cnr Christiaan de Wet and Rooibok Ave
Bergzicht Office Park is located opposite Clearwater Mall on the one side and Harley Davidson on the other side
Local institution or venue as arranged with the NEA Office