How to add the name of a Participant’s school to his / her profile
When you add a new or update an existing profile, it is important to fill out the form be providing all the requested information or to Update any information that is missing or has changed, including the
- Date of birth
- School grade
- Contact details
- Ability Code
The name of the participant’s school (where applicable) is of particular importance. (Please note: a school refers to a public or independent school. In this sense a “studio” is not a school).
How to add the name of the participant’s school (where applicable)
It is important to add the name of the participant’s school on his / her online profile (where applicable). Many schools have award systems for cultural activities and require that the name of the school appears on a participant’s certificate before any recognition for extramural activities award will be given.
The process for adding the school name is as follows:
- Click on the Select/Change School when applicable button.
- The School Search/Select page will be displayed.
- Type the name of the school (or preferably ONLY the unique part of the school name in the block next to Please enter School name or Part of name, e.g. dream (as in the example below).
Please note: Do NOT use a “nick name”, e.g. “Monnas”, “Affies”, etc. and also check your spelling!
- Click the Search School button.
- Any school name that contains the search part (“dream”) as in the example, will be displayed.
- Click the Select button next to the correct name, e.g. “The School of Dreams”
- The name of the selected school will now be added on the participant’s profile.
- Follow the same procedure whenever it becomes necessary to change the name of the school.
- If you want to change the name of the school, click on the Select/Change School where applicable button and search for the new name, e.g. “Cliffview”. If you only search on the “cliff” fragment, the following names will be displayed:
- If the correct school is e.g. Cliffview Primary School, click on Select next to the school name.
- The new school will now be added to the profile.
- Click on the Click to Save button.
- The system will now return you back to the Participant Search page.
How to add a new school:
- If you cannot find the name of the participant’s school in the existing list of school names, you now need to add a new school to the list.
- Click on the Add New School button.
- The Add new School page will be displayed.
- Add the CORRECT name of the school (NB check your spelling!)
- Add the telephone number of the school
- Add the e-mail address of the school.
- Click the Click to Save button.
- The new school name and the registration number for this school will now be added to the participant’s profile.
- Click the Click to SAVE button again to return to the Participant Search page.